Sunday, April 3, 2011

And so it begins!

From tomorrow morning onwards, I will be campaigning full time for the Welsh General Election. I can't wait! It's a very different experience running as a regional rather than a constituency candidate. I thought Montgomeryshire was big last year, but now I have a whole region to try and canvass!

It's impossible to predict with the list seats what will happen, so my focus will be on supporting the candidates in each of the constituencies and getting the best possible result for Plaid Cymru and hopefully the largest number of Plaid AMs ever! I'm looking forward to meeting new activists and visiting new places across North Wales. Hoepfully it will stay dry - canvassing and leafletting really doesn't go well with rain!

I had the privilege of speaking at Ieuan Wyn Jones's campaign lauch in Anglesey last Thursday night. There was a large crowd present, and everyone seems ready for the fight. I'll be back in Anglesey tomorrow morning at Rhosneigr, and then over to Aberconwy in the afternoon. Let the fun begin!

No comments: