Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cadw'r ffydd

For the first time since starting the campaign, I was dreading the drive to Montgomeryshire and back tonight for the monthly campaign meeting. It was dark and wet by the time I reached Brecon Beacons, and I was tempted to turn the car round and head back to Cardiff. Having just returned home, I can say with confidence that I'm delighted I didn't as there was a great turn and we had an excellent meeting. In fact, I was buzzing with ideas the whole way back thinking how we're going to tackle the campaign over the next six months. Things will go up a gear once again in the new year and we're more than ready for it! But of course, planning will be crucial and that needs to be done and finalised over the next few weeks.

Also in the new year, I'll be holding a number of informal meetings in Montgomeryshire for those who are either new members or interested in finding out more about Plaid Cymru. Please get in touch - heledd@gmail.com - if you'd like to come along or if you have any queries or questions. Also, don't forget to renew your membership if you're an existing member so I ensure you're on our database. I have forms so email me if you fall into that category!

Other than the campaign, life has been a bit busy as of late. Lots to do in my day to day job - all interesting stuff but a number of tasks needs to be completed - plus a few other things such as developing my new campaign website. Fitness drive has fallen by the wayside unfortunately but resuming this week so I'm ready for the Santa run in December! Need to find somewhere to live in Cardiff by the end of this month as well so if you know of any reasonably priced flats for rent in the Pontcanna/ Canton area, please get in touch. I'd be grateful of your help.

Anyway, enough for tonight. Thanks to those who attended tonight's meeting and made me glad that I didn't turn the car round. It was definitely worth while!