Saturday, September 26, 2009

On your bike...

Now, I'm not impressed. At this precise moment I should be cycling to Castell Coch with my cousin, or at least attempting to. It's our first time cycling since we were about twelve years old so instead of investing in bikes, we thought for our first journey that we'd try out the new bikes you can hire in Cardiff. We registered online last night, and went to the bike station by ten this morning... And we're still waiting for my cousin to get her bike. I had to ring up three times before I was able to get mine, but for some reason my cousin's account still hasn't been activated. Eight phone calls and an hour and forty minutes later, still no bike. And the only adivce on how to sort this out? Email us. Now that means going home to the house then waiting around for a reply. What a ridiculous system!!!

I'm so disappointed and also angry. On the first weekend of the scheme you'd expect the company responsible to be trying to promote them and making it as smooth and easy as possible to use the bikes. I've totally been put off and wishing I hadn't bothered. I truly hope any problems will be sorted for the future. It's a brilliant idea, which Plaid Cymru pushed for in the local elections. If done properly, it would be amazing. But marks out of ten up to now is 0.

3 comments:

Nonot said...

You registered the night before and wanted them the very next morning...sounds to me like you wanted to have trouble getting the bikes so you could have a political rant. Poor. Very poor behaviour by you.

Heledd Fychan said...

I wanted to go on a bike ride, not have a rant as you call it. And perfectly reasonable in my opinion to register night before wanting to hire one. If the system works you're supposed to be able to register and hire one straight away.

Huw said...

Sylwadau Nonot yn anghredadwy. Os nad yw'r system yn gweithio yn iawn yna fydd neb yn llogi beic.

Beth am i Tesco dalu am feics y tu allan i'w siop ym Machynlleth ac am le ym mhen draw y dref i'w gollwng/casglu? Mae nhw yn honni eu am adeiladu siop werdd wedi'r cyfan.