Friday, August 28, 2009

Update on Welshpool Town Council

As I stated in an earlier post, I got the opportunity to address Welshpool town council on Wednesday night. I have a motion coming up at the Plaid Cymru conference regarding the transportation of wind farms, and I'm going to use Welshpool as an example. I wanted, therefore, to make sure that the town council agreed with the motion and also that my arguments reflected their views. They certainly gave me enough arguments to support my motion, and agreed with my motion. So I'm delighted. Knowing that I have the backing of the town council will help me make my case better at conference, and if successful will commit Plaid to having a definite stance on this important local issue.

I enjoyed meeting the council, they were a great group of people. They obviously get a lot done and were incredibly organised. I promised to update them on how the motion is voted on at conference - hopefully, I won't let them down!

No comments: