Saturday, August 29, 2009

Berriew Show

Well, I had a great afternoon at Berriew show today. Bumped into many Plaid Cymru activists and supporters which was lovely, and just generally enjoyed myself. There was one brilliant cooking competition which I haven't seen at a show before - cooking disaster, where everyone who'd meant to enter in any of the cookery competitions could submit their disaster if everything had gone wrong. There was even a first prize! Fantastic... The entries in general were impressive - I've never seen such a big beetroot or leek in my life!

The show itself was extremely lively, and full of people and activities. Even some acrobatics which I could never possibly even attempt. Impressive to watch though! I also enjoyed the dog jumping which is always good fun. No surprise, but I also bumped into Glyn Davies and Mick Bates. Berriew Show was obviously the place to be today!

Off to fashion show in Berriew tomorrow night, then Llanbrynmair show on Monday. A lot of my family will be at Monday's show so will be great to catch up with them. And organise who'll be willing to have a Plaid Cymru sign in their fields closer to the election!

2 comments:

Glyn Davies said...

You would expect to see me and Mick at Berriew Show. I live there, and Mick new daughter in law runs trhe Lion!! See you at Andrew Logan's tonight then. Be prepared for something different.

Heledd Fychan said...

I didn't say I was surprised to see you and Mick! Yes, see you tonight. Met Andrew for the first time yesterday and I'm looking forward to it!