Sunday, July 26, 2009

My dream home!


Well, it would be if it was built in Wales! Just read this story on the BBC website. In case you're feeling too lazy to click on the link, the story is that Top Gear presenter James May is looking for volunteers to help him build a new house in Surrey - made entirely out of Lego bricks. Ok, so it's for a tv programme but still... What a brilliant idea!

Lego was my favourite toy when I was little, and I had a whole village built out of it. Even a multi story car park, hospital, school. My lego was my pride and joy until one day, a little boy who'd come round to our house with his parents decided to knock them all to the floor and destroy them. Fifteen years later, and I still can't bring myself to talk to him properly...

I know a lego house wouldn't be practical but I'd be fascinated to see it. And if the eisteddfod wasn't on next weekend, I'd be very tempted to volunteer to help build it. How much fun would that be?!

So any other Lego fans out there or did you have another kind of toy that kept you occupied before the age of computers?

No comments: