Monday, June 15, 2009

Castle re-opening!

Well, finally the big re-opening of Mum's latest business venture will take place this Friday! The Castle or rather the Castell on the maes in Caernarfon will be open for business once more. And boy, are you in for a shock those of you who've ever been there. I know I'm biased, but honestly, it looks amazing. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it for the first time at the weekend. It's stylish, modern, classy - just perfect. I'm so proud of my Mother. She's a huge inspiration to me, and I really admire how she's gone about transforming what was a completely run down pub through a clear vision and sheer determination. She's worked so hard to get everything just right, and I'm sure everyone will be just as impressed as I've been. After all, its not the best of times to be opening this type of business but I think she's pitched it just right. Caernarfon has long needed somewhere like this, and I'm delighted for her that her dream is finally coming true.

Also, I should mention that they're going to be serving food from Friday onwards as well. And not just your typical bar meals. From 8:30am in the morning there will be breakfast, then lunch, then afternoon tea then dinner. It all sounds amazing. There's so many things that I'm dying to try on the menu - the difficulty will be deciding what to go for first! I think its going to have to be Eggs Benedict for breakfast, though everything else sounds fantastic as well... Decisions, decisions.

Menu and pictures will be up on the blog at the weekend to tempt you to visit next time you're in Caernarfon!

No comments: