Friday, March 27, 2009

Wind Farms

Quick post as I'm running to a meeting. BBC are reporting about a report published by Powys Council about the impact the building of wind farms will have on the infrastructure of mid wales. This is a hugely important issue in Mid Wales, and I can understand the concern.

I am not against the idea of wind farms as long as they do not cause undue disruption and as long as the whole community benefits from them being built. However, I am against them when the transportation and local infrastrutcure hasn't been put in place to support them.

The roads which will be used to transport these monster machines are completely unsuitable for their transportation, and therefore, huge disruption could be caused. This is something that needs to be considered carefully, and I'm looking forward to discussing this with the electorate in Montgomeryshire. If any of you are reading this blog, please feel free to leave a comment.

2 comments:

Glyn Davies said...

Sensible post Heledd. When TAN 8 was published in 2004, I condemned it because of the impact it would have on Mid Wales - particularly transmissuion lines. Much worse that even the impact on roads. Every other Party, with Plaid and the Lib Dems leading the way, really launched into me. Pity you hadn't been around then. I could have done with some support. Same goes for when I see our MP going around making negative noises. Where was he when he could have make a difference.

Heledd Fychan said...

Thanks Glyn, shame people didn't support you then. Very easy to be shortsighted on these things sometimes. And true, Mr Opik could have done far more years ago. Too little too late by now