Friday, March 27, 2009

Aneurin Glyndwr

So I was only away for a few hours yesterday, and missed what everyone has been talking about - Aneurin Glyndwr. Oh my god. If this is trying to challenge Walescan or GallCymru then it fails miserably. It looks cheap. The content is ill thought out, and most of all, extremely bitchy. Whilst I welcome the fact that Labour are FINALLY joining the debate, I wish they would have taken their to come up with something just as professional as Walescan. And I'm not sure I should even mention Eluned Morgan's singing turn...

Check it out, if only for a laugh. It's cringeworthy. It's so obvious that they're angry with Plaid for coming up with the idea of Walescan and feel threatened by it. Everything about it is wrong, except for the idea. My advice to Labour? Calm down, go back to the drawing board and come up with something better. Then we can start engaging in some proper debate, which the people of Wales deserve. Bitching about Plaid is not the way to go - it just makes them look childish and petty.

And don't even get me started on the name...

3 comments:

Simon Dyda said...

My tribute to the site: Annoyin Glyp┼Ár

I downloaded a copy of the video just in case Labour realise just how embarrassingly bad it is and delete it!

Hen Ferchetan said...

Have a look at the Domain name database and:

Domain name:
aneuringlyndwr.co.uk
Registrant:
David Taylor

Voila!

Hen Ferchetan said...

I've tried to have some fun with it

http://owainbevan.blogspot.com/