Sunday, January 4, 2009

Changing my mind...

I've been adamant since the end of 2007 that the next General Election will take place in 2009, to the extent that it's been my mission for the past few months to convince everyone around me that one will definitely take place within the first six months of 2009. Indeed, I've succeeded to convince the majority. But tonight, I'm filled with doubt for the first time in ages and I'd be interested in hearing your predictions...

After watching his interview on the BBC on Sunday morning, I think he may well stay until 2010. He has a plan for the economy, or at least he seems to think he has one, and I don't think he's the type to let someone else take over. He's too much of a control freak. Even now he's Prime Minister, he still acting as though he's also the Chancellor. All Alistair Darling seems to do is stand there reading statements about the economy whilst wriggling his dark eyebrows. It's obvious that he's Brown's little puppet...

So if you were betting people, when would you say the election will take place? I doubt even Gordon Brown knows himself to be honest, hence why we all seem confused! After all, these are unpredictable times.

5 comments:

Alwyn ap Huw said...

I think that Mr Brown knows in his heart that he will lose the next election, whenever it is called. So he will hang on until the last possible date - mid April 2010.

Is it true that Plaid's candidature for Trefaldwyn is a toss up between you and Sian Lloyd?

Alwyn ap Huw said...

LmBrGlN (Lemb or Glyn!!!!) oedd y llythrenau gwirio i fy neges diwethaf - spooky!

Heledd Fychan said...

Well, I haven't heard that rumour. Don't know if Sian Lloyd is even on Plaid's national candidate register...

Aled said...

So it is you, Llongyfarchiadau

Heledd Fychan said...

The candidate hasn't been selected yet, so no llongyfarchiadau necessary. If I was the candidate then of course I'd admit it, but it's no secret either that I'd like to run.