Monday, January 19, 2009

Breaking News...

Well, I'm moving back to Wales in March. I have a new job working for Amgueddfa Cymru as their policy and advocacy co-ordinator, based in Cardiff. I can't wait! Though my current job is by far the best and most exciting job I've ever had, regular readers will know that I'm not London's biggest fan. Having lived in Ireland for years before London, its also been years since I last lived in the motherland. Time to come home I think.

Don't worry, it's not the end of my involvement with Welsh politics and I will still be posting on this blog. Perhaps I'll now be able to express a few more of my own opinions, without worrying that I'd be embarrassing my members. Well, once I've finished here of course!

I'll post about my experiences here in Parliament at a later date, but for now, I can honestly say its been a privilege to work for the three MPs and also with their various offices. I'll miss visiting the Caernarfon and Dolgellau constituency offices in particular (never got the chance to go to Rhydaman) as that was always great fun and a great source of information! We even exchanged mincemeat recipes there...oh, as well as high brow political discussions of course!

So, I have six weeks left now to finish everything off here and get ready for my new challenge. I wonder what will happen between now and then...

5 comments:

Dewi Harries said...

Welcome home....shame you can't bring Adam with you......(Big Pit totally wonderful by the way - you need to treble the visitor numbers in two years...)

Heledd Fychan said...

I know! Better not try and kidnap him though. I'm sure he'll come back when the time is right. And trebling numbers? That's quite a challenge you've set me!

Simon Dyda said...

Llongyfarchiadau!

Glyn Davies said...

And I really thought you might be the Plaid candidate in Montgomeryshire!

Heledd Fychan said...

Plaid haven't selected a candidate in Montgomeryshire yet, and there's nothing stopping me from being a candidate in my new job. Not being cagey, it's no secret that I'd be interested in running. But it's up to Plaid members in Montgomeryshire to decide what happens.