Friday, October 10, 2008

Grr...

My laptop needed a kiss of life recently - both the battery and the battery charger died. I was worried. I hadn't backed up anything that was on it (stupid, stupid me), plus its my main form of entertainment at night. It has all my music, I play DVDs on it, blog, write, email, surf the web - all the usual things, but when there's little else in the house and my flatmates are hogging the tv to look at total trash, its my escapism.

So I imagine my frustration when three weeks after this has happened, I still don't have a battery charger. And who's fault is that? A company called Partmaster, which a local computer shop (a big chain) told me to use. First of all, they sent me a battery but no charger. Then, after a lot of complaining, they sent me a charger but the wrong one. Both times when I've rung them to complain, they have been so rude. No apology. Just rude. Even when I asked why they couldn't even say sorry, the person said nothing. And here's the worst bit. I have had to pay for this charger twice now, and still haven't been reimbursed for it. To make matters worse, the wrong one I received wasn't even a proper Dell charger, just a cheap imitation. I wish the computer store had told me this.

I will never use Partmaster again. They are ineffeicient, rude and most of all, overpriced given that you're not even getting genuine parts.

So what did I do in the end? Well, what I should have done in the first place. Went onto Dell's website and ordered a proper one. And the cost? 30 pounds cheaper than Partmaster, and will deliver within two days. I only ordered last night, but somehow, I don't think there will be any problems this time.. Well, hopefully not anyway!

Sorry for the rant, but just wanted to warn you in case you are ever directed to this company. I very rarely send official complaints but this time, I am taking this further until I get an apology from them. And my money back for the invisible charger.

No comments: