Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mamma Mia!

I was so mad after listening to Brown's speech that I decided to go and unwind in the cinema. And what a good idea that was! I must be one of the last people in the world to see Mamma Mia, and I know now that it won't be the last time I watch it. It was brilliant! A perfect combination of cheese, romance and just good old fashioned fun. Everyone was leaving the cinema smiling and singing along to the songs - myself included!

I went by myself, something I haven't done in a while. I really don't mind going alone to a film or play to be honest. It means no one's whispering in my ear and interferring with my personal enjoyment - especially if they're trying to guess what the ending will be! Aargh! Plus, I don't embarass anyone if I laugh out loud, cry (like I did watching Sex and the City - still no idea why) or in the case of tonight's film, sing along...

So if you haven't seen it yet, I really think you should. Even the most serious of you will secretly want to dance and sing along, and you'd be suprised how many Abba songs you actually know. I can't wait for the next karaoke night now - just a matter of choosing which Abba song I'll sing first now... Any suggestions?

No comments: