Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Maesbury Boat Rally

I'm doing two things I've never done before this Saturday coming. Unless I've already told you what they are, I doubt you'll guess... If you click on this link, then click on Maesbury rally then general information, you'll see it actually is true and I'm not just a fantasist!

So what am I doing? Well, I'm opening a boat rally at Maesbury. And then I'm judging the best dressed boat competition. Does anybody have any hints for either as I don't actually know what's involved. But I am looking forward to it and feel very honoured to have been asked. Should be fun!

And if you're confused as to why I was asked, well let's just say I was involved in a very unexpected project last year - before being employed by Plaid Cymru - and co-presented a TV series called Waterworld (not to be confused with the Kevin Costner film!), which explored the history of canals in Wales and the Midlands. I was a historian at one point, hence why I was asked to participate. It really was so much fun, and I learnt a hell of a lot about Wales and canals and saw some beautiful places. Alas, I still haven't been on a boating holiday but hope to sometime soon. Maybe I'll be inspired to book one after Saturday!

2 comments:

huw said...

Might I say I thought the programme Waterworld was top quality and enjoyed the programme about Bala Lake immensely.

Heledd Fychan said...

That's lovely to hear, thanks. The Bala lake one was great fun to film!