Tuesday, July 22, 2008

School's Out!

Well, almost... Parliament closes for the summer today and goes into recess. Whilst most people think this means that MPs and their staff do nothing until parliament re-opens in October, that's most definitely not the case. Yes, we'll all be taking time off at various times just like everyone else. But we will be working otherwise. Honest. Not sure if that is true about every MP but it certainly is of the Plaid Cymru ones!

As I've mentioned before, I'll be moving back to Wales for the summer to work in Elfyn and Hywel's constituencies. There's not much I can do from London so it makes far more sense to work from where they're working, and help out in the various offices. Plus it means I get to see my friends and family. I can't wait!

Its amazing how many things I've managed to accumulate here since moving to London. I arrived last November with two suitcases - now I have to hire a car to take everything back. My Mother's side of the family - the Anwyl's - are notorious for not being able to travel lightly so in my defence, its obviously a family trait. Or maybe just a female thing. Either way, I'm just hoping the hire car will be big enough!

No comments: