Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Being Eleven

As I mentioned on Friday, I went to a wedding in Ireland last weekend. It was amazing - just perfect - and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. However, I must admit that the highlight of it all was chatting to my friend's eleven year old cousin. Its such a magical age. You're just on the cusp on becoming a bratty teenager and yet you're still quite innocent and child-like. I'd forgotten what some of they questions and queries were at that age, and thought I'd share with you some of the classics I was asked:

What time do you go to bed at?
How many teeth have you lost?
How many fillings do you have?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Can you twist your tongue?
Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
What's your favourite high school musical song?

It was so cute! I really felt that I was disappointing here though when I had to admit that I have never seen high school musical and that Grease was more my thing... Though she was jealous that I usually don't sleep until 1am! Guess there are some benefits to getting older after all... Even if it does mean losing all your teeth and realising its about time you knew what you wanted to do with your life!

No comments: